Saturday, November 6, 2010

Starting out....

So why am I here? Well, like any good student I had many other and more important things to do (ie studying, reading or even sleeping) but instead like most children of the internet generation, I felt a inexplicable need to share my thoughts..... well sort of.

Why do I want to become a vet? I'm sure most Vets have been asked that question at one point or another in their lives. Well for me? I just do. So here I am, in another country, another culture and another time zone than the one I am used to.

Basically I've decided to start a blog to discuss things I'm learning and what I think about them. I find the UK style of teaching/evaluation very different from what I am used to, so that may come up. I also find the culture here (especially in terms of animal welfare and the idea of "freedom foods") interesting, so that too may feature in this blog at some point. Alternately this could become a discussion on my confusion around the current student culture in the UK (the much less academic form..... and usually involving lots of alcohol and the occasional pile of vomit).  Essentially this is basically a way for me to "revise" what I'm learning in a very different way (hoping that what I share with you will stick with me in the long term) or at the very least unload.

So hopefully this won't put you to sleep, or if it does I'm at least hoping that's what you were looking for.

No comments:

Post a Comment